- rDigital Nomad Visarequired
- nTourist visanot required
- nAirport Transit visanot required
- nBusiness visanot required
Visa application form. Fully completed and signed application form.
Original passport. The passport must be valid at least 6 months after the intended date of departure from the territory of the destination country and has at least 2 blank visa pages.
Passport-type photograph. A digital passport-type photograph taken within the last 6 months. This may be taken using a cell phone against a white wall provided if it meets the standards of a passport-type photograph.
Proof of Employment. Contract of employment or other document proving that the person performs work through communication technology for a foreign employer or his own company which is not registered in Malta.
Proof of Financial Support. If you are paying for your own expenses, you must include a recent bank statement as well as a signed letter stating you will be solely responsible for your expenses during your stay in Malta. Make at least 2,700€ each month remotely.
Health insurance. Proof of international health insurance with a minimum coverage of EUR 30,000, specifically covering travel to Schengen states is required. The policy should cover all expenses for repatriation, emergency medical aid, and hospital treatment for the period of stay. Applicants can get a free quote and purchase valid travel insurance from our affiliate.
Proof of accommodation. A copy of hotel reservations or other lodgings for the duration of the trip. The applicant's name must be on the reservation. If staying with friends or family, a letter of invitation from the host in the destination country. The letter should be addressed to the Embassy of the destination country, Visa Section and should state the relationship to the applicant, the dates of the visit, and the address and phone number where you will be staying.
Bank statement. A copy of the applicant's bank statement for the last 3 months showing proof of sufficient funds. The statement must clearly show the applicant's name as the account holder, the balances of the accounts, and the date of the statement.
Personal letter. Letter of intent (signed by the applicant)
Unfortunately, at this time VisaHQ does not provide service for
A visa is not required for this destination.
Malta Digital Nomad Visa fees for citizens of United States of America
|Type of visa||Validity|
Maximum validity refers to the period over which you are allowed to enter a given country. Validity of visa starts from the date of issuance of visa.
Processing times start on the next business day following submission and serve as indications of processing times under normal circumstances only.
|Embassy fee||Service fee||Tax||Total cost|
Maximum validity refers to the period over which you are allowed to enter a given country. Validity of visa starts from the date of issuance of visa.Up to 1 year
Processing times start on the next business day following submission and serve as indications of processing times under normal circumstances only.20 business days
- Check visa
Malta COVID-19 travel restrictions
- Entry is partially openMalta has opened its borders for vaccinated travelers from some countries. Domestic restrictions are almost completely lifted. Malta is accepting only vaccinated travelers arriving from countries on its red list. Other vaccinated arrivals, or those who recovered from COVID-19, may not enter Malta.Prior to arrival restrictionsValid passport. Valid national passport with at least 6 month remaining validity after the date of departure.Valid visa. Please see the instructions above if you need visa and apply.Negative COVID-19 test is required. All arrivals to Malta, must present a negative PCR test, no older than 72 hours. Vaccinated arrivals from the red list are exempt.Health form is required to be completed by all allowed travelers. The completed Passenger Locator Form must be presented upon arrival.Upon arrival restrictions🏠Quarantine for 14 days days required for some countries. Permitted unvaccinated arrivals to Malta will also be required to self-quarantine for 14 days. Children under the age of 12 must present a negative test result to avoid quarantine.😷Masks are recommended.
covered for up to 500
We take our job seriously. All passports that are submitted to VisaHQ for processing are covered for up to $500 against any loss or damage. If you choose FedEx when applying online, we will even cover your passport in transit to us and from us to you.
Find us near you
- Washington, DC
- San Francisco, CA
- Chicago, ILAddressVisaHQ.com Inc.Swift Passport Services
1 E. Erie St
Chicago, IL 60611